Monday, May 5, 2014

Shadow and Bones & Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

  Yes, its another part of a series. you can move away now. Please don't. This particular book is about a girl (again) who had the power to banish the darkness that divides the country in two. She is sought after by the other country's assassin and her country men alike.
   The bad part about the series these days is that the first book feels like nothing. How I manage to finish the book is beyond me but I guess I read far worst. She spent the first book running and getting captures and running again. I mean there should be a limit. She has been captured two times and on the run for three.
   The setting is in this fantasy land of which there no name. In this particular world magic is real, and in this particular kingdom (Ravkan), they have been trained to use their powers from the tender age of five to serve in the king's second army. I think there are a few class of them, I'm to lazy to research, and there are subclass as well. Geez... I'm so bad at this. You can say that my lack of effort is because I lack the interest to know. Lets just say they are mages. Some specialize in summoning, some controlling elements and some potions or other nasty things.
  The Darkling, at the beginning, is the mighty leader of these mages. A powerful man who is only second to the king. Oh, I forgot to mention, he is also very hot (like any other villain, Spoiler!). Anyway, he discover our dear girl and her powers to banish the darkness. She was then sent to the capital city to train how to use (and she did eventual) and she develop a secret crush on him. Hah! Like I never seen that one before!
    I'm not giving anymore spoilers because I think the second book is a lot better. Something is actually happening and I'm quite curios as to how this would end.
    The characters passable for me. If I have to grade it I would say B+, the plot is so out there and repetitive so I'm giving it a B and for the overall score is in between B and B+. lol.
   If you are looking for a fun read, I have to warn you that this is a gloomy book. If you are into YA fiction then I guess you can try this series out. I want to find out the ending my self so I will be waiting for the last book the trilogy to come out.

Keep reading everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment