Half Blood is the first book of the Covenant series by Jennifer L Armentrout which was published on October 2011. Yes my friends, I am starting another series and no I am not crash reading this time. I don't have too. I'm really just a fast reader.
About the book. I am very skeptical about how the author came up with the idea because the similarities of this book and first book of the Vampire Academy series is uncanny. I mean start of the book is so alike; kick-ass main character, running away from the Academy/Covenant, getting drag back by a hot soldier who later became later turned became her instructor and love interest.
I don't know what to say. I would have liked it very much if I haven't read the same plot years ago. I'm so conflicted! Do I like it? I guess. Am I impress? Hell no! Anyone who read the Vampire Academy series would feel angry. I loved that series. I love Rose. I still do which makes me hurt on how Rose and Alex are so freaking the same!
As much as I hate how the series looked the same I will still keep on reading. That is because that's what I do. I will keep on reading, I am quite curios how the things play out (being so similar and all) and then I would start on another series by the same author, Lux. But that would be for some other time since I still have 4 more books to read in this series. I will not rate this for now since I am very conflicted.
Keep reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment