Sunday, April 27, 2014

Introduction - and a quick review on Lauren Oliver's Panic

   Hi everyone, my name is Loaldi (not my real name but it's internet and I can be who ever I want) and this is my little book escapade blog. I have a GoodReads account but I feel judge whenever I write a review or something so instead, I have this. And also, I read trashy novels. Yeah... I can't let my friends know I'm reading really trashy books on regular basis, that would be my downfall since they know me as a very sensible and proper person. Yeah... if you actually know me in person you would  not think I read trashy romance novels. So yeah, this blog is just for fun anyway and no one in my family knows that I keep a blog about sexy books. So, lets go back to introductions...

   I live in New Zealand but I'm from Philippines. I moved here with my entire family when I was 17, I am now 23 (turning 24 in October). I have a pet dog named Spencer. He is a cross breed between a Rottweiler, Huntaway  and a black Lab. He have the same birthday as my cousin and he is gonna be fixed soon. Although I'm already turning 24 it will be my first time moving out from my parents house in a few weeks. 
   I've read a lot of books and you can't ask me to make a review out of all of them so I'm thinking I will start on the next book that I will be reading. For me, I don't really care if the books is a few weeks old or a few years old, as long as its good or even just a slight tear jerker, I would read it. I'm a sucker for tear jerkers. 
   My favorites so far are "The fault in our stars" by John Green "The Sky is everywhere" by Jandy Nelson and (my most) "Before I fall" by Lauren Oliver. I have cried a lot of tears in these books and it made me appreciate of what I have now. You should give it a good try.

   If you haven't heard of any of those books, which mountain have you been hiding? check them out! they are like the best of the YA category. If you are not a fun of YA then this blog is not for you. So bye-bye~~

   So today I am gonna be starting with "Panic" by Lauren Oliver. I love Ms. Oliver simply because she wrote my most but this book fell short. If I have to scale it from 1 to 10, this might be a 7 to 7.5 probable because I expected too much. I order my books from thebookdepository.com okay. Anyone that uses this site that lives in New Zealand knows how long it takes for you books to arrive. I'm talking about 15 days my friend. 15 days of waiting can mess up your mind. I mean in those 15 days my mind goes into an overdrive as to what is gonna happen in the book. I pictured this super amazing plot in my head that when I finally read the book I kind of disappointed, but not totally.The twist when the two main characters are not really gonna come together in totally refreshing. Ooops! Spoilers! but yeah... the plot altogether is not bad and the idea of a totally illegal with 64k grand price is amazing. If I lived in that town I will totally join the game. It is also well written, I have no problem picturing it in my head, and the characters are well developed. I did enjoy it and so will you.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment